Italian Shrimp and Swiss Chard
• Large shrimp, preferably domestic and wild. About 4 or 5 per person
• 1 large bunch of organic swiss chard
• 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 lemon, zest and juice
• 1 good grab (about 8 or so) of marinated sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon of Italian spice mix (oregano, parsley, and, thyme)
• pinch of red papper flakes
• a big splash of white wine (alcohol will cook off) or chicken broth
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 box Near East brand Original Rice Pilaf
Clean and peel shrimp, lighty salt and pepper, and set aside in the fridge. Make rice according to directions on box. While rice is cooking, clean swiss chard, cut out the spine, and rough chop the leaves. Chop sun-dried tomatoes. Peel, smash, and mince garlic.
Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic until fragrant, throw in sun-drieds, a few grinds of pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Cook for a minute or two, then add lemon zest and juice.
Working quickly, add shrimp and stir until they begin to turn pink. Add a spash of white wine or broth and bring to a simmer.
Toss in swiss chard a mix until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
For small toddlers, under three, chop pieces of food into sizes that are safe and appropriate for your child. Serve over rice pilaf and enjoy!